George Floyd. Breonna Taylor. Ahmaud Arbery. Tony McDade. As we mourn these victims of racist violence committed by police and others, along with countless other Black men and women killed in racist acts, we also mourn the thousands of Black people that have died at disproportionate rates from COVID-19. These deaths are not only a deeply disturbing stain on the fabric of justice, they result from racism, a pervasive public health threat as real and as devastating as COVID-19. read more…
COVAC Issues Statement on Structural Racism and Public Health
- Check out this clip of Dr. Supriya Rao featured on WBUR’s Morning Edition discussing our petition to call for Governor Baker to roll back reopening to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- COVAC co-founders and physicians Dr. Susanna Huh and Dr. Rebecca Perkins were featured in the Boston Globe to speak on COVAC’s letter to Governor Baker to #scalebackMass reopening.
- COVAC Hosts Town Hall on School Reopening: Addressing Gender, Sexuality, Racial, and Ethnic Disparities
- Health Care professionals, including COVAC members, demand Gov. Baker tighten COVID-19 restrictions
- In Trove Of Emails To State Officials, Feds Downplayed Coronavirus Risks